|Readers can contribute to Pharma Times in the form of articles, newsclips from industry, institutions & campuses, books for review & information about forthcoming events & programs. In order to maintain the quality & appeal of the magazine, we have defined some essentials for each type of contribution. We request our readers & contributors to arrange the information in the prescribed format as indicated below.|
Any deviation from the specified prerequisites in length & formatting of the contributed write-up would be valid grounds for rejection of the item. The decision of the Editorial Team shall be final & binding in this regard.
All the Articles / News Items / Association News / Campus News / Ph.D Awards / Awards and Honours should be accompanied with valid email ids of Contributors. Submissions without email ids will not be accepted for publication.
- Should not have been published in any other magazine / periodical.
- Should be of general type and not research based.
- Should have a crisp & relevantly indicative title along with the names of authors and the e- mail id and address of corresponding author eg. Title: Nutraceuticals and their Potential Health Benefits.
- Should have abstract/summary of article of 200-300 words.
- Should introduce the subject briefly before moving onto the main text.
- Text should indicate relevant reference number as superscript with the references listed at the end.
- Should have a ‘Conclusion’ not exceeding 200-300 words.
- References should be given in proper format. eg.1. Burtone J. L., Lancet 1989, 7: 27-30
Association News / Campus News :
- Announcements of events & programs should be sent well in advance to ensure publication. Announcements should clearly highlight the title of the program, dates & theme of the event & the targeted audience. Details of the program can also be attached as a brief note.
- Reports of activities & programs should be sent immediately after completion of the program. Reports received after a month of the event shall not be published.
- The report shall not exceed 400 – 500 words for ‘Association News’ & 250 words for ‘Campus News’.
- The title of the report for ‘Association News’ should clearly indicate the name of the Association Branch / Division along with the name of the program. Similarly for ‘Campus News’ the name of the college along with the name of the program.
- Reports should clearly indicate theme & relevance of the program, give a crisp outline of the happenings & the cross-section of the participants in the program. Contributors are requested to refrain from giving details about lamp lighting, handing over of bouquets, mementoes etc.
- Photographs should be accompanied with clear, precise captions. Photographs without captions shall not be published.
- News about papers presented in major conferences should indicate title, location & date of the conference along with the title of the paper presented & details of the authors in a clear point-wise manner. The news clip shall not exceed 150 words.
Awards & Honors Received :
- Should indicate the name of the awardee, name of the award, awarding agency/ body & the awardee’s contributions to merit receipt of the award, in a clear concise manner.
- The news clip shall not exceed 150 words.
Books for Review :
- All books sent for review should be accompanied with a high quality photograph print & soft copy of the cover page.
Ph.D. Awards :
- Should indicate IPA Membership number of the awardee. The awardee should be a member of IPA to merit publication in Pharma Times.
- Should indicate name of the awardee, title of the thesis, name of the awarding University, date of award & name & designation of the research guide in a point-wise manner.
- Should be accompanied with short summary of the thesis of the awardee in 200-300 words.
Contributions should be sent preferably as soft copies / hard copies accompanied with soft copies. Contributions not sent as soft copies will not be accepted for publication. You can mail your contributions to :
Indian Pharmaceutical Association
Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai – 400 098.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org